White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu is definitely not authentic tiramisu. It’s a creamy caffeine and alcohol free summery strawberry dessert.
What this does have in common with real tiramisu is that it calls for soft ladyfingers which are layered with a mixture of cream cheese and Mascarone. However, instead of coffee and shaved chocolte, it has white chocolate and plenty of whipped cream. You can make it in an 8 inch square pan or double it and use a 13×9 inch pan. If you want small individual White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu(s), you can build the desserts in wine glasses or custard dishes.
Here’s the basic recipe. You can adjust the powdered sugar levels if you like, but I’ve put the measurements I used below.
Update: This recipe works as written, but I think I’m going to update it and make a loaf pan version. If I can make it to the ABC store, I may also try it with orange liqueur, which I almost never have on hand.
White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar – divided use
- 3.5 ounces of white chocolate melted – Lindt (See Note)
- 30 ladyfinger halves from 15 whole – you’ll need about 1 ½ 3 oz packs
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups strawberries thinly sliced plus about 1 cup of strawberries trimmed & halved
- In a chilled mixing bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add vanilla and beat until peaks are stiff. Scrape the unsweetened whipped cream into a different bowl and set it aside.
- Using same mixing bowl you used to whip cream (no need to rinse), beat together the cream cheese and the mascarpone. Stir in 4 tablespoons of the powdered sugar and the melted white chocolate. When smooth, fold in about 1 cup of the unsweetened whipped cream.
- Arrange 15 ladyfingers halves in bottom of an 8 inch square glass dish. Drizzle with half of the orange juice. Spread half of the white chocolate mixture over ladyfingers, then spread a layer of thinly sliced berries over the white chocolate mixture. Arrange remaining ladyfinger halves over strawberries, then spread with a final layer of white chocolate mixture.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar into reserved whipped cream (you may use less sugar if you like). Spread over the white chocolate layer and chill for at least 3 hours or until ready to serve. When ready to serve, cut into squares and arrange remaining sliced strawberries over top.
- Note: To melt white chocolate in microwave, place in a microwave bowl and microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and continue microwaving on 50% power until smooth. You may also melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of boiling water or in a double boiler.