First there were Oreo Truffles, now there are Golden Oreo Truffles aka Golden Oreo Balls. The Kraft kitchen puts coconut in theirs, but I make them with cream cheese, Golden Oreos, white chocolate melting bark and sprinkles.
Golden Oreo Truffles require a food processor, plus it’s also very helpful to use a cookie scoop for uniform size balls. If you don’t have a small cookie scoop, you can use a medium cookie scoop and divide each scoop in half.
I still prefer the chocolate version of Oreo Truffles, but the Golden Oreo version is also very good.
Golden Oreo Truffles
The vanilla version of Oreo Truffles (Oreo Cookie Balls) made with Golden Oreos.
- 32 Golden Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 12-16 oz white chocolate bark for melting
- In a food processor, process the Oreos.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and process along with the Oreos until everything is blended together.
- Using a cookie scoop (small or medium) scoop out equal portions of dough. If you are using a medium cookie scoop you should get about 18 large balls, which you can divide in half to make about 36 smaller ones. At this point the dough balls don’t need to be perfect circles.
- Set the dough on a plastic wrap lined tray and chill until dough is somewhat stiff, then shape into perfect balls. Put the ball in a freezer bag and freeze for at least an hour before dipping.
- Melt the white chocolate using your favorite method or the method on the package. Using two forks, dip each Golden Oreo ball into the chocolate and let it drip off.
- Set on wax paper or parchment to set. Before the white chocolate is completely set, top with sprinkles.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I love hearing from other bakers and appreciate helpful comments. Rude ones will be deleted immediately.