These one bowl Mini Banana Muffins are a variation on Mini Pumpkin Muffins. Like the pumpkin version, Mini Banana Muffins rise high and have fairly domed tops. For best results use mini chocolate chips, but if you don't have any, regular size chocolate chips work just fine.
Banana Mini Muffins
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed (10 oz total or 280 grams)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup sugar 150 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 200 grams
- ⅔ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips regular size okay, too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with 24 indentations.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the egg, sugar, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Whisk in the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, making sure they are evenly dispersed, then add the flour and stir with a scraper until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Fill the muffin cups almost to the top. These rise high and shouldn't spread outward, but try not to overfill to be safe.
- Bake at 400 F for about 12 minutes or until they appear set and nicely browned. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then carefully pry them out with the tip of a knife.
- Grease the muffin tin again and bake any remaining batter. You should get about 36 total.