If you like the idea of Peanut Butter Banana Bread but don’t need two loaves, here’s a muffin variation. This recipe makes six jumbo size Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. If you don’t have a jumbo size muffin tin, you can make the muffins as regular size muffins and adjust the bake time to about 18 minutes.
Photos of Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are a variation on Peanut Butter Banana Bread.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 150 grams
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 grams
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 50 grams
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe large bananas mashed (114 grams)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter 100 grams
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg with apologies for the awkward measure
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk -- I used mini chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line six jumbo muffin cups with paper liners
- Stir flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and egg in a second bowl.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the muffins cups. If desired, brush a little peanut butter topping mixture (recipe in Notes section) over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are cooked-through.
- Note: To make peanut butter topping, mix together ¾ tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon of softened peanut butter and ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
You were in LA and we didnt meet. That makes me sad.
I don’t know your dreams, but I’d venture to say you’ve made a lot of them come true. You must be over the moon because of all that you’ve accomplished! Dream On. ( Nod to Aerosmith)
WOW!! You have to get a picture with Jon Hamm now!
If the car costs that much, I’m surprised it’s just parked on the street. 😉
How fun! THIS is the type of event I’d love. Eat it all up for me (and I don’t just mean cupcakes and brownies.)
The best is yet to come!
Thats my car when I become a millionare 😉 and great cupcake display
You certainly lead a charmed life!!! Were you star-struck? That is a gorgeous cupcake display…I wonder if Cupcake Wars is submitting a display? I love Guy Pierce! The first time I saw him he played Detective Ed Exley in LA Confidential and then I saw him again in The Count of Monte Cristo..two excellent films….Can’t wait to see more pics!
Love it! All smiles and happy people. You go girl!
Anna, I’m very serious about the Bugatti and it’s owner as the car costs well over $2 million. If he can afford that, I’m sure I’d love his house too. 🙂
You guys are funny. I’ll add some more details and captions soon. I posted these very late in the evening (or early morning) when I was tired. But it was a great party and the cupcakes and brownies were a hit. I think what makes some of these winning cupcakes really special is the fillings. The chocolate lemon cupcakes had a lemon curd filling and the Mexican chocolate cupcakes had a chocolate filling. Elizabeth Moss was super nice, the little boy from Modern Family was a hoot — reminded me of Fuzz, and Guy Pearce from Memento/Mildred Pierce/ etc. seemed genuinely nice. I guess I need to get that photo up there. He was hoping for a brownie, but by the end of the evening they were all gone. Anyhow, it was fun seeing actors rewarded for their craft and being recognized by their peers.
Meredith @ The Little Bee
The cupcake display looks beautiful! I recognize the girl who played the President’s daughter in the West Wing, she still looks so pretty– love her black top ;o)
I could love who ever drives that car, and my husband would understand. 🙂 The dessert display looks fabulous. Who are the other people in the photos?
Lisa Huff @ Snappy Gourmet
Love it! Looks and sounds like so much fun!!!!! Can’t wait to hear more about it!!