If you like the idea of Peanut Butter Banana Bread but don’t need two loaves, here’s a muffin variation. This recipe makes six jumbo size Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. If you don’t have a jumbo size muffin tin, you can make the muffins as regular size muffins and adjust the bake time to about 18 minutes.
Photos of Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 150 grams
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 grams
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 50 grams
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe large bananas mashed (114 grams)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter 100 grams
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg with apologies for the awkward measure
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk -- I used mini chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line six jumbo muffin cups with paper liners
- Stir flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and egg in a second bowl.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the muffins cups. If desired, brush a little peanut butter topping mixture (recipe in Notes section) over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are cooked-through.
- Note: To make peanut butter topping, mix together ¾ tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon of softened peanut butter and ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil.