This promotion has ended, so go make some cookies! If you’re in the mood for something with chocolate chips, here’s a good recipe for Double Chocolate Mocha Cookies.
Big Batch Double Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- 1 stick 114 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped (114 grams)
- 24 oz 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided use (670 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar 280 grams
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 65 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee or instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a medium size saucepan, combined the butter, unsweetened chocolate and only 2 cups (12 oz) of the semisweet chips.
- Stir over medium heat, reducing heat if necessary, until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- With an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale (about 4 minutes). Beat in coffee powder and vanilla, then fold in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and fold that into the mixture until well blended.
- Make sure the batter isn't too warm, then add remaining 2 cups chocolate chips and allow the batter to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. It will thicken slightly as it stands.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets (4) with parchment paper.
- Using rounded teaspoonfuls, drop batter onto baking sheets and bake just until the tops become dry and crack (about 10 minutes).
- Allow the cookies to cool on the trays, then remove and set on a wire rack to cool completely.