As promised, here’s a fun version of the Almond Butter Brownies using the new almond butter from Jif. I made these Almond Butter Fudge Brownie Cups for our Girl Scout troop this week. They were a big hit, and no one guessed the secret ingredient, though did comment on how fudgy and chocolaty the brownies were.
All I did was halve the old brownie recipe, divide it among 12 muffin cups and modify the baking time. Also, the coffee flavor is pretty strong, so leave it out if you don’t like mocha. I left it in and the kids still liked the brownies.
Jif Cashew Butter and Jif Almond Butter
Flourless fudge brownies made with JIF Almond Butter
- 1 stick 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped (Hershey’s Dark)
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder I used 3 T. Natural and 3 T. Dark
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder optional
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg plus 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2.6 ounces 1/4 cup plus half a generous tablespoon JIF almond butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium until it melts. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let the chocolate sit in the hot butter for about 2 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth. Stir in the cocoa powder, coffee, salt and vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs. Gradually add the granulated sugar, beating constantly. Beat for about 5 minutes – mixture should be very frothy and light. Beat in the almond butter until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture. Divide mixture evenly among cupcake cups (they’ll be a little less than halfway full) and bake on center rack for 18 minutes or until they appear set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. I let mine cool, then chilled them to help develop the fudgy texture.
For 24 brownies, double the recipe (that will be 3 eggs).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I have made some Paleo brownies that don’t have any flour with almond butter. (Honey instead of sugar) So far, they are my favorite of the “healthy” brownies. Nothing really compares to the “real” things. 😉