There's a fun recipe going around called No Bake Nutella Cheesecake. It has an Oreo crust, a Nutella and cream cheese filling, and a topping of freshly whipped cream. It's pretty much a Nutella lover's dream, and I couldn't wait to make it for my daughter who is crazy about the chocolate/hazelnut combo.
There are different versions of No Bake Nutella Cheesecake and most are for nine inch cakes. As usual I needed to scale the recipe down to a six inch cake and ended up experimenting with a few different recipes. In the end, the one that worked best for a six inch pan was also the easiest! This version is no-bake, doesn't call for any gelatin and has a pretty strong Nutella flavor.
Here's a slice! Some versions of the cake are drizzled with a mixture of Nutella and milk or Nutella and cream. I skipped that and just used chocolate syrup. The filling has so much Nutella flavor that it doesn't really need the pour-over.
The crust for this version is an Oreo crust. You can make a perfect six inch Oreo crust with 12 Oreos and 2 ½ tablespoons of melted butter. However, I also tested a version with a brownie crust made with 1 cup of brownie mix, 1 egg white and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix those three three things together, bake for 18 minutes in the 6 inch pan and build your cheesecake on the brownie instead of the Oreo Crust. The brownie crust and the Oreo crust are both good, so it just depends on what you like best.
Here's the recipe for the Six Inch No Bake Nutella Cheesecake.
Six Inch No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
- 12 Oreos ground or crushed into crumbs
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter melted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 6.8 oz Nutella about half a 13.5 oz jar
- 2 cups Cool Whip 4 oz/114 grams by weight
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- Cocoa Powder, Mini Chocolate Chips, Chopped Hazelnuts or Ferrara Rocher
- Line inside of a six inch cake pan with foil and grease. If you are using a six inch springform you don’t need the foil.
- Mix together crushed cookies and butter and press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and Nutella. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread over the Oreo Crust. Refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- When filling is set, lift from pan and carefully peel away the foil. If you've used a springform, you can just remove the side. Put the cake on some kind of serving plate and keep cold while you make the topping.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks start to form. Gradually add the sugar and add the vanilla. When peaks are stiff, spread or pipe over the hazel mixture. Sift cocoa powder over top and garnish with mini chocolate chips or a cherry or whatever you like. Chocolate syrup is a nice touch too!
- If you don’t feel like whipping cream and you like Cool Whip, you can spread or pipe Cool whip over the top instead of making the whipped cream topping