White Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Bran Cookies
A healthier version of chocolate chip cookies made with white whole wheat flour and a little bran cereal.
- 1 1/8 cups white whole wheat flour (weigh for best results) (150 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (84 grams)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar (75 grams)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar (75 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 cup All Bran
- 1/3 cup nuts, pecans or walnuts
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chip cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Stir together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat just until mixed. Mix in hot water. Add cereal, flour mixture, nuts and chocolate morsels, mixing until combined. Drop by teaspoon onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.