White Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Bran Cookies are soft chocolate chip cookies from a recipe I found in a magazine. I thought the magazine was American Style, but now I’m not sure if it was American Style or American Lifestyle, which is magazine realtors use to stay connected to their clients. Wherever it came from, I had fun playing with it.
These are good cookies, but as mentioned they are on the soft side and not crunchy. If you bake them longer you can get the edges slightly crispy, but the centers will still be soft.
More Recipes With Bran
White Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Bran Cookies
- 1 1/8 cups white whole wheat flour (weigh for best results) (150 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (84 grams)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar (75 grams)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar (75 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 cup All Bran
- 1/3 cup nuts, pecans or walnuts
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat just until mixed. Mix in hot water. Add cereal, flour mixture, nuts and chocolate morsels, mixing until combined. Drop by teaspoon onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.