I gave this recipe to a friend and she made them for her party where they received good reviews. They’re a little different.
Chocolate Chai Tea Truffles
An easy recipe for chai flavored chocolate truffles
- Chocolate Chai Tea Truffles
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Chai tea bag (regular or decaf)
- 1 (12 oz) bag white morsels
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels or 12 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Place cream in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave 1 minute or just to boiling. Submerge tea bag in cream. With back of spoon, press tea bag firmly against sides of the cup to release flavor. Steep for 10 minutes, pressing bag halfway through and before removing.
- Place white morsels in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Pour chai flavored cream over white morsels and place bowl in microwave. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until smooth.
- Place melted chai morsel mixture in refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Using a spoon, scoop chai mixture out of the bowl and form little balls about ¾ inch. Set the little chai balls on a plate covered with waxed paper. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate morsels and vegetable shortening on high for 1 1/2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Stir and microwave for one minute more, stirring halfway through. Dip frozen chai balls in melted chocolate and refrigerate until chocolate sets.