Outrageous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter

by on December 12, 2006 · 8 comments

If you like styling your cookies before you photograph them, check this out. Allrecipes.com is having a photography contest. Pick your favorite cookie recipe from the list, then take a photo of it.

I’m trying to decide if this photo I took of the Outragous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter cookie is worth entering. It’s kind of avant-garde, no? A snowman baker came in out of the cold darkness with a plate of cookies he’d baked.

blogphotocontest.jpg

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (use ΒΌ if using salted butter)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream both sugars and butter. Beat in peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to batter and stir until incorporated. Stir in oats and chips. Drop by tablespoons on to lightly greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Let sit on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies

Published on December 12, 2006

Janet December 12, 2006 at 1:44 pm

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Is everything ok with him now? Still in hospital? The recipes you are making look delicious! Thank you!

Claire N December 12, 2006 at 1:57 pm

Thanks for the info! It looks like fun and next week I’m going to be doing LOTS of baking for Christmas goodies! Perfect timing.

steph bachman December 12, 2006 at 2:46 pm

Hi Anna –

Those cookies look awesome. I will try them – maybe that is what the garbage guys and postman will get in their tins! Parchment seems to be the secret of oatmeal cookies. I’ve had several really good batches with the parchment after years of failure. Who knew?

I posted the result of my dessert sagas today on the blog if you want to pop over.

Steph

Kristen December 12, 2006 at 3:41 pm

Your photo makes me want to take a bite :) Looks good!

Anna December 12, 2006 at 9:17 pm

Janet, thanks so much for asking. He was discharged! He left the hospital and went to the office. Crazy man.

Claire, I’ll be looking forward to reading about what you bake.

Steph, I’m off to check your blog and then go watch Friday Night Lights. We really like that show.

Kristen, I am glad you like my minimalist snowman approach.

Julie O'Hara December 13, 2006 at 11:27 am

Love your avant garde snowman. Isn’t he just the ideal symbol of human isolation in the modern world?:)

Diane December 13, 2006 at 2:40 pm

Anna, I LOVE your snowman/cookie photo!! I am becoming inspired to try my hand at food photography as well. Haven’t done much with it up to this point. If you are entering this pic into a contest…I may remove the gold “hanger” thread from the top of his head and re-shoot the picture. (maybe even the black hanger eye hook) It would remove that small distraction. Other than that it is PERFECT, very “uncluttered”…Go for it!! Good-Luck, Diane

Jeannine April 22, 2008 at 8:30 pm

I made these tonight and I think I’ve eaten too many. Deee-licious!