If you like styling your cookies before you photograph them, check this out. Allrecipes.com is having a photography contest. Pick your favorite cookie recipe from the list, then take a photo of it.
I’m trying to decide if this photo I took of the Outragous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter cookie is worth entering. It’s kind of avant-garde, no? A snowman baker came in out of the cold darkness with a plate of cookies he’d baked.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (use ¼ if using salted butter)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream both sugars and butter. Beat in peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to batter and stir until incorporated. Stir in oats and chips. Drop by tablespoons on to lightly greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies