Ina’s Macaroons

I’m not a huge fan of macaroons, but there’s always someone in the crowd who loves them and with Passover and Easter coming up, it seemed like a good idea to pull out the coconut. After looking through a bunch of recipes, I picked this one from Ina Garten. Reviewers, even those who didn’t love coconut, gave these cookies high ratings.  I can see why. The condensed milk gives the cookies a flavor similar to dulce de leche and rather than a blast of coconut, you get a sugar, burnt sugar & milk flavor. I can’t stop eating them.

Maybe I should just eat lunch now…..it’s 10:41 AM.

Macaroons

Comments

That is cute, but now I’m hungry for pancakes. Mmmmmmmm. Pancakes. Actually, I think I’m going to just eat a Hot Pocket.

2. Angie says

These are the only macaroons I make, I saw the show wheen she made them and I fell in love. They are so moist and delicious and EASY!!!! You can not fail when you make these. If you keep them for more than a couple of days they get really sticky but not many last that long anyway. I always have the ingredients on hand and I keep a bag of coconut in the freezer all of the time. You can whip them up as a last minute dessert if you have company coming.I also make her brownies and pecan bars…both to die for!

Wow! I, too, LOVE Ina’s macaroons. I’ve been making them for a few years now, sometimes I drizzle them with dark chocolate, sometimes dip the bottoms in dark chocolate, and sometimes just leave them plain. Any way you make them, they are awesome! As Angie said, they do get sticky after a few days, but I believe mine only lasted that long once or twice.
    :-)

Also as Angie mentioned, Ina’s outrageous brownies and pecan bars are fantastic. I did have quite a mishap with my oven and the boiling over of pecan bars, but now I put a foil pan to catch the drippings. They are a bit $$$ to make, but everyone went ga-ga over them. :-)

4. Chris C-L says

The panfried onion dip that is linked at the bottom of the macaroon recipe is tasty, yummy good!

If you add chunks of white chocolate to these they’re even better. It adds a gooey goodness factor that you don’t even know is missing.

6. judy says

These macaroons are great. My only suggestion is to definitely use parchment paper. I tried not using it and it was a struggle to get them off baking sheet and still look good.