Chocolate Banana Oreo Brownies

by on September 8, 2009 · 12 comments

This is just another variation on Gloria’s banana brownies, but I thought I’d post a picture because the Oreos worked out really well. Plus, I think these would be perfect for Halloween if made with the Halloween colored (orange filled) Oreos.

Recipe Here — just add in about a half cup of broken Oreos.

I chilled the brownies before slicing, so they look fudgy. They’re definitely fully cooked, though.

oreo brownies 1

oreo brownies 2

Published on September 8, 2009

VeggieGirl September 8, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Mmm, mmm chunky goodness.

Carrie Z September 8, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I like the Halloween idea! Is the banana really OK in these? I have to be honest, the idea of banana in a brownie scares me…I guess I’ll have to try them and see :)

Gloria September 8, 2009 at 7:46 pm

You have been busy! Those brownies have a whimsical look and will be tasty and fun to eat! I may change my mind about Oreos straight up! The halloween idea is genius!!! Too bad parents won’t let kids trick or treat for home made food anymore-but for an office party they will be great!

Anna September 8, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Carrie, if you hate bananas then it’s not okay. If you like bananas, then it’s delicious! It’s a brownie with banana flavor.

Katrina September 8, 2009 at 8:38 pm

It’s Anna and Banana Brownie Madness. Bwaaahhhhh, ahh, ahh! ;) Love it.
I’ve said it before (maybe not to you), but I think with all the fun filling flavors Oreos got, they need a banana flavored one! I would like it.

lilizen September 9, 2009 at 1:11 am

magnifique, trop tentant !
bravo !

joan September 9, 2009 at 6:02 am

I am on vacation in Maine right now (burning calories on a bike trip, so I can eat more cookies), but I’m going to try these with the peanut butter double-stuff oreos when I get home. These look fabulous!

Louise September 9, 2009 at 7:05 am

These brownies look wonderful. I read Katrina’s request for a banana flavored Oreo at 4 AM this morning and immediately thought “artificial banana flavored Oreos, BLAH”. I still have the taste image and it’s not good. :-(

Anonymous September 9, 2009 at 9:44 am

wow…very unique, and I like all of the components. Have made your oreo “cookies in cookies” several times with much praise. (can’t remember their real name, from several years ago.

Amy September 9, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Reminds me of those oreo brownies we had at General Mills! Those were good.

AJ September 9, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Lurve the halloween oreos idea for these. Perfect for bake sales!

kimberleyblue September 11, 2009 at 2:34 pm

wow, these sound sooo good!