Chocolate Banana Oreo Brownies

This is just another variation on Gloria’s banana brownies, but I thought I’d post a picture because the Oreos worked out really well. Plus, I think these would be perfect for Halloween if made with the Halloween colored (orange filled) Oreos.

Recipe Here — just add in about a half cup of broken Oreos.

I chilled the brownies before slicing, so they look fudgy. They’re definitely fully cooked, though.

oreo brownies 1

oreo brownies 2

Comments

I like the Halloween idea! Is the banana really OK in these? I have to be honest, the idea of banana in a brownie scares me…I guess I’ll have to try them and see :)

2. Gloria says

You have been busy! Those brownies have a whimsical look and will be tasty and fun to eat! I may change my mind about Oreos straight up! The halloween idea is genius!!! Too bad parents won’t let kids trick or treat for home made food anymore-but for an office party they will be great!

Carrie, if you hate bananas then it’s not okay. If you like bananas, then it’s delicious! It’s a brownie with banana flavor.

It’s Anna and Banana Brownie Madness. Bwaaahhhhh, ahh, ahh! ;) Love it.
    I’ve said it before (maybe not to you), but I think with all the fun filling flavors Oreos got, they need a banana flavored one! I would like it.

5. joan says

I am on vacation in Maine right now (burning calories on a bike trip, so I can eat more cookies), but I’m going to try these with the peanut butter double-stuff oreos when I get home. These look fabulous!

6. Louise says

These brownies look wonderful. I read Katrina’s request for a banana flavored Oreo at 4 AM this morning and immediately thought “artificial banana flavored Oreos, BLAH”. I still have the taste image and it’s not good. :-(

7. Anonymous says

wow…very unique, and I like all of the components. Have made your oreo “cookies in cookies” several times with much praise. (can’t remember their real name, from several years ago.