Chocolate Banana Oreo Brownies are another variation on Gloria’s banana brownies, but I thought I’d post a picture because the Oreos worked out really well. Plus, I think these would be perfect for Halloween if made with the Halloween colored (orange filled) Oreos. Update: Or one of the new speciality flavors like Cinnamon Oreos or Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreos!
I chilled the brownies before slicing, so they look fudgy. They’re definitely fully cooked, though.
Chocolate Banana Oreo Brownies
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1 T unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt if using unsalted butter, add an extra pinch
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 of a small banana-well mashed
- 5 oz semisweet chocolate chopped (or a little less that 1 cup chips)
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped (or 3 tablespoons chips)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 t vanilla optional – Gloria leaves it out, anna added ½ tsp
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted chopped pecans
- Broken Oreos -- however many you want
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square metal pan with nonstick foil.
- Mix flour, cocoa, and salt together and set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs, and banana in a separate bowl and beat combined.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium low heat, then reduced heat to low and add 5 oz and 1 oz of chocolates. Cook and stir over low until smooth. Cool 5 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate to sugar egg/banana mixture-stir until combined. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in that last 1/2 cup chips and nuts. Add the Oreos.
- Spread in the pan and bake 35-40 min, check at 35 (Anna’s note: I baked a full 45 min)
- Chill for several hours (for ease of slicing), then lift from pan and cut into squares.
- Yield: Obviously, this makes 1 8 inch pan. How many brownies you get is up to you. I cut mine into 9 giant squares, but if you chill the brownies before slicing, you should be able to cut the brownies as small as you’d like. You might even want to try cutting 36 squares and serving them in mini cupcake holders.