Lemon-Rosemary Cake from Cooking Light

Today’s recipe is from the September issue of Cooking Light; but because I didn’t need a full Bundt cake, I halved the recipe and made it in my 6-cup Nordicware Mini Bundt pans. Bake time was about 25 minutes.

mini bundt pan

The results were tasty and I’m looking forward to serving these little cuties for dessert. The flavor combination is outstanding and even though lemon rosemary sounds geared for adults, it’s one kids tend to enjoy just as much. My only complaint with this mini-version was that the surface area of the crumb was so small, the cakes had thicker shells and were a little more muffin-like than I would have preferred. So next time, I’ll make the full cake. The flavors were perfect.

Cooking Light Lemon Rosemary Cake Recipe

mini bundt cake

Comments

What a cute little cake! I haven’t looked at the recipe yet. Are the lemon and rosemary added separately or is lemon rosemary a hybrid herb like lemon basil, or chocolate mint?

This cake sounds very intriguing to me! Lemon, rosemary, and olive oil happen to be some of my favorite ingredients. I’ve never used rosemary in baking before, but then again, I don’t bake as much as my sister and mom. But, for some reason, I usually have pretty good luck with bundt cakes, so I’m definitely going to try this.

Ok Anna ignore that last comment, but I wasn’t able to commet before, your site recognized me as spam! I know I was away for a while, maybe the site was resentful?! Anyway I was saying that I love anything lemon-rosemary! And the litte bund cakes are so cute. I would have prefered a cake slice too, with more crumb, but you can’t deny the cuteness of those!

I’m glad you tested that recipe – I’d like to try and it and I will now. I’ll suck it up and make a full cake. Maybe share with my co-workers :-)

Fuzz, her friend AK (also 8) and Todd loved these. They weren’t as moist as a regular pound cake would be since they were lower in fat, but they were still very good and the flavors really went well together. Since these were so well received, I might try to make a lemon rosemary cake with cream cheese icing.

6. Elizabeth says

I tried this one and the idea of lemon/rosemary was really nice, but mine came out very heavy and super dry. I’m not sure what the issue was. I did use a silicone baking pan and sometimes they are iffy, but I plan to give it another shot in a traditional pan.