S’mores Fudge

I never met a flavor of fudge I didn’t like, but here’s one that really grabbed my attention — s’mores flavor fudge. This piece is from the candy store on Main Street in Disney’s Magic Kingdom.

smoresfudge

The idea seems so obvious, but I don’t have any tried and true recipes for s’mores fudge, which in this case is a layer of dark chocolate, a layer of graham crackers, and then another thicker layer of lighter chocolate with mini marshmallows. Disney’s tastes pretty good, but this is one that might be even better out of a home kitchen. If you have a S’mores Fudge recipe, I’d love to hear about it.

Here are a couple of recipes I found on-line.

The first one that came up on a Google search was About.com’s s’more’s fudge. In this recipe, the graham crackers are crushed and mixed right in.

Recipe Goldmine had a very simple condensed milk based s’mores fudge, which might be a good start.

Another springboard might be a recipe for double layer or rocky road fudge. You just have to figure out a good way to add the graham crackers. I kind of like how the Disney fudge has a flat layer of crackers that divides the other two layers.

I’m looking forward to experimenting with S’mores Fudge recipes in the upcoming weeks.

Comments

That fudge looks delectable. I can’t remember how long its been since I’ve made fudge. It used to be a staple in my life, like every day!!!! My favorite is double decker chocolate peanut butter, with the chocolate layer an intense dark. Makes me want to make fudge again.

I’m not sure I like the idea of crushed grahams in there, but LOVE the idea and look of the actual crackers lined up in it. I was thinking of doing fudge as one of my things for my 1 hour presentation that I have to do at church, hmmm, I”ll really have to start thinking more. My theme for the presentation is Chocolate! Surprise!

Hope you’re having a great time! Tell Mickey hi. Sam would be jealous.

3. C L says

I’ve been using a recipe similar to the Recipe Goldmine’s for ages except the recipe I use is made in a microwave. What I love about it is that it can be made with whatever flavor chips/morsels you desire. Oh, and you can add liquor if you wish. That’s my kind of fudge! LOL :)

I wonder about using teddy grahams? Or golden grahams cereal? Of course, the cereal might be too sweet. I like the look of whole graham crackers but wonder how well the fudge would stay together (I fear it would come apart at the graham cracker when cut.)

5. Louise says

I think this should get priority over trying to replicate the Butterfinger Cupcake. :-) Also, it looks like the graham crackers are laid down so that fudge oozes up and down between the cracker pieces so there’s almost “mortar” to keep the layers together when it’s cut. From the photo, it appears they may even be individual crackers. Did you study it before you devoured it?

6. Emma says

The s’mores fudge doesn’t have two different kinds of chocolate in it. Both layers are just plain ol’ chocolate fudge. Just an fyi if you’re trying to make this at home :)

Thanks Emma! Do you have some sort of insider information on Disney’s recipe????? If so, I’d love more, curious minds want to know ;).

You may be right, but the fudge I had seemed to have two different shades to it. It’s hard to tell by the picture, but it did. Or maybe the top layer changed a little bit when they added the marshmallows to it? I thought the layers tasted (and looked) a little different.

8. Dani says

I made some! I used my own fudge recipe (on my blog) and just layered it with marshmallows and whole graham crackers…people really liked it, but I wanted more graham cracker flavor in there. Also, I really think that the marshmallows should be toasted, but I’ll have to work out how to do that….THEN it should really be good =)