Top 5 Last Minute Valentine’s Desserts

by on February 12, 2010 · 8 comments

Pots de Creme is the perfect easy yet elegant dessert, and this old recipe from Epicurious is my favorite.  I made a half batch the other night, but had to use clear glass custard cups because my prettier cups were packed away.  Oh, and I was out of whipped cream.  Despite the presentation you see here, it is still a great recipe.

Chocolate Pots de Crème

pots de creme

A fool-proof, easy, chocolate cake.

Perfectly Chocolate Bundt Cake

Perfectly Chocolate Cake

This mini cheesecake has become quite popular here on Cookie Madness. If you’d like to make the full version, it’s from Taste of Home where it has 5 stars and 42 reviews.

Double Layer Mocha Cheesecake for Two

Mocha Cheesecake

This is my version of an old Helen Corbitt recipe and it is so good! It’s much lighter than French Silk Pie, but just as chocolaty and satisfying.

Chocolate Marshmallow Pie

chocolate pie

You can always buy your Valentine chocolate, but if you’re going to make it yourself, this is the way to go.

Almond Toffee

almondrocaforblog.jpg

Published on February 12, 2010

Sue February 12, 2010 at 11:17 am

Oh! So many GREAT choices!! Maybe I should just make that chocolate bundt cake and forget everything else. I’ve been looking for a good chocolate bundt cake for a long time.

Jennifer February 12, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I am so glad you posted this. It reminded me of the chocolate marshmallow pie, which I’v e been meaning to make. Usually I would make a more elaborate dessert for Valentine’s Day, however, this one is perfect since I have a super busy weekend. I think I will make some chocolate hearts to decorate the top, but, other than that, I’ll follow the recipe as written.

Jane February 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm

They all look SOOO Good! You can’t go wrong with anything chocolate!

Cheryl February 12, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Oh, the pie, Im sold!

Sweets at Vicky's February 13, 2010 at 1:53 am

You’ve done it again! Made my life easier! I’m always in need for quick fix desserts, not for anyone else, but for me. I just ave this insatiable sweet tooth! :)

Lisa February 13, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Lots of options! I think I’m going to go with the pie. Looks good.

Jennifer February 14, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Hm…. guess what happens if, working on auto-pilot, you pour in the chocolate filling-without mixing in the whipped cream first-well, you end up with a 3 layer chocolate pie! I hope it’s going to be good still!

kitty62 February 14, 2010 at 5:30 pm

made the toffee again and again. its great. no matter who i make it for ….. they love it!!