White Mountain Coconut Cupcakes

Yeas ago I clipped some cupcake recipes from Chocolatier Magazine. Yesterday I was going through stuff and found this one, which was fortunate since I’d been craving coconut cupcakes all week and hadn’t settled on a recipe. I’d had my eye on Ina Garten’s, but decided to go with Chocolatier’s since it called for cake flour, included a 7-Minute Frosting recipe, and yielded only 12.

cupcakewithcherry

The cupcakes were great! They’re not heavy on coconut, and the coconut flavor that’s there comes from coconut milk and actual coconut rather than extract, which can sometimes be too strong.  The texture is very light thanks to the cake flour, and the 7-Minute Icing takes the cake from light to ethereal.    Cherries are optional, but if you can find them I recommend the kind with stems.

RECIPE HERE

Coconut Cupcake

Comments

You are on a cupcake kick! Its fun to see the varieties you’re trying. This one looks beautiful and I’m always a fan of coconut. I think I’d go back to one of your other recipes and add chocolate ganache to the center of these cupcakes. Hard core, I know.

2. krista says

oooh yum!
    for my kids’ birthday party bash two years ago i made coconut cupcakes with a coconut custard filling and a lime cream cheese frosting… possibly the best cupcakes i’ve ever had! let me know if you’d like the recipe! :)
    krista

3. Louise says

I love coconut cake and I’ll have to try these next time I get the urge. I generally use Ina Garten’s recipe except I use coconut milk (not lite) instead of buttermilk. I just looked at Ina’s recipe and the ingredients are pretty similar to this recipe but slightly different proportions, and Ina’s includes flaked coconut. This might call for a side by side taste test. :-)

4. Rina says

Stunning!! I recently tried Ina Garten’s recipe and loved it. I agree with Louise, might be time for a side-by-side! I’ll let you know if I try it. :)

These look yummy! I just blogged about cute cupcake toppers and these would be the perfect cupcakes for them! Thanks for all the great recipes~

6. Lynette says

Lovely! My parents love coconut creme pie and I’m not a big fan, but maybe they will like these and I can still enjoy them too cause it’s coconut! Thanks for the effort and idea!

7. Dee says

The cupcake tower has arrived!! I was given the choice of round or square and I chose square…glad I did because it is AWESOME! You can also choose a ribbon color for the edges…I chose zebra for my 13 year old daughter!! Of course the ribbon can be changed to match any theme. Thank you SO much for this outstanding prize :-)
    Dee