Low Fat Mini Banana Bread Squares are individually portioned squares of banana bread baked a mini bar cookie pan. I don't use this pan as often as I should, but it's great for portion control. As for the banana bread recipe, it's one that contains very little fat, but still moist from the small amount of oil and the 1 ½ large bananas.
If you don't have the mini bar pan with the square shaped cavities, you can substitute one of the pans with multiple mini loaf cavities.
Low Fat Banana Bread Squares
- 1 ½ large bananas whole (very ripe)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar or sweetener equivalent (70 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅞ cup all-purpose flour (110 grams)
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk or milk mixed with ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 12 indentation mini bar pan with flour-added baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana with a hand-held electric mixer or a spoon (depending on ripe it is). Beat in the sugar and the egg and continue beating until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla and oil, then beat in the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- By hand, stir in the flour, then stir in the milk.
- Divide the batter equally among all 12 indentations and bake on center rack for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan.