A few weeks ago I threw some Reese's Snack Mix on top of double chocolate cookies and called them 3D Chewy Chocolate Reese's Cookies. They were a big hit (at least in my own mind) so I came up with a new candy themed cookie. The new recipe calls for peanut butter, oat, and Hershey's Gold bars.
If you haven't seen the bars yet, they're Hershey's newest flavor.They taste like caramelized cream, peanut butter and pretzels.
Picture of a Hershey's Gold Bar
For a non-chocolate bar, they're pretty good, but my personal preference is to chop them up and put them in cookies. I also tried just laying a piece of bar on top of the hot cookie and letting it melt. The gold blob in the middle is the Hershey's, and as you can see I drizzled some melted chocolate on the top and bottom.
Overall these are fun and a good excuse to buy the new candy bars, but if you want to skip the bars and just use peanuts or peanut butter morsels, the cookies are just as good.
Snack Mix Peanut Pretzel Cookies
- 1 stick 114 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar 100 grams
- ½ cup (130 grams peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour 100 grams
- ¾ cup oats preferably quick cooking but old fashioned okay
- 2 Hershey's Gold Bars chopped
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut I don't recommend sweetened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla and continue beating until well blended.
- Add the baking soda and salt directly to the batter and stir well, then add the flour and stir until blended.
- Stir in oats, candy and coconut.
- Using a rounded tablespoon or a medium cooking scoop, form balls and gently press into rounds on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time at 375 for 10 minutes or until cookies are golden brown at edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.