Comments

1. Anna says

Hi Ali,No, but she woke up with a cold and just isn’t that interested in food. She’s choosing to eat things that are orange today because she thinks orange will cure her cold in time for Halloween.

2. Alicat says

hehehe…what a cutie pie. I hope she doesn’t have what I have! Sore throat and a lot of coughing. Esh :S Thanks for sending well wishes to my mommy! :)

Did you know the name of the cake? I have a couple of Maida cookbooks, but wasn’t sure which recipe might be yours, based upon ingredients. And really, cupcakes like that are much more of an afternoon teatime experience, not so much breakfast.

4. Anna says

S’kat, guess what. A friend sent me the Maida’s cake recipe and I’m set to make it today!Cin, love burnt butter too! Your blog is great and I plan to add it as a link. Hope you don’t mind ;).Andrea, I hope you were able to pull yourself away from the cupcake. Perhaps I’ve found a decorating niche? Pastry so unattractive you can’t stop staring.Ali, you and Fuzz have the same thing. Hopefully, you’ll both get better (or will at least be well-medicated) in time for trick or treating!

5. JoanieB says

Hi, Anna–very interested in seeing how that “fluffy icing” comes out for you w/the special chocolate dessert. I’m trying to clone a killer chocolate butterbar I got at Whole Foods (while you were at your last bakeoff) that I posted about on the CL BB. Will look for a review on the CL BB soon, okay? Hope the wee one feels better before the witching hours tonite!JoanieB from the CLBB

6. Rachael says

A google image search led me here. [Believe it or not, it had nothing to do with what I had actually searched!]
    The cupcake looks like a Madball! Does anyone remember those? Too cool and too gross! It’s great!
    What a great place this blog is!

7. Anna says

Hi Rachael,

I’m glad you found Cookie Madness via our ugly cupcake.

I have never heard of a Madball, but will look it up.

Hi Jessica,

We started with a red velvet Duncan Hines cake mix. For the fluffy icing, we mixed Cool Whip in with some regular cream cheese ice cream to give it some poof. The candy is something you’ll find at Target around the holidays. I think it’s called “Body Parts Gummies” and the key body parts are the eyeballs and teeth. Just have fun with it, Jessica. I guess what you really need are those nasty looking candies. They are the secret ingredient.