King Arthur’s Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies are high on my peanut butter cookie list. They are big, fat, full of peanut & peanut butter morsel chunks, and soft.
I make these all the time and am not sure why I haven’t updated this photo.
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar -- (8oz)
- 1 cup sugar -- (7 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter -- (11 7/8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 2/3 cups flour -- (11 1/4 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dry roasted salted peanuts -- (6 1/4 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter chips or chocolate chips -- (8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream butter, sugars, peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour, nuts, and chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto prepared sheets. Bake for 14 minutes, until set and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and cool on pan 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- Makes 5-6 dozen depending on how generous you are with the tablespoon.