My favorite peanut butter cookies are Monster Cookies, but if I had to choose the best soft peanut butter cookies recipe it would be Snoop Dogg's Rolls Royce PB-Chocolate Chip Cookies. Snoop's recipe, which he credits to his friend Berner, gives you the most full-on butter-blasted, not too sweet, soft, chip-loaded cookies. Here's a picture of one from my latest batch.
From Crook To Cook
The recipe is from Snoop's cookbook From Crook to Cook. I love celebrity cookbooks, and sometimes they even have good recipes. Snoop's book is definitely fun, but in this book all of the recipes we've tried have been good. Some family favorites are the Rolls Royce PB-Chocolate Chip Cookies, Hot Like A Skillet Pizza, Gimme S'mores Pie and Next Level Salmon. I haven't made every recipe in the book, but I have a few more recipes I want to try including Snoop's Sweet Potato Pie. And one last reason why I like it is that the recipes have weights, so you can bake by volume or use your scale.
Snoop Dogg's Rolls Royce PB-Chocolate Chip
But back to the soft peanut butter cookies. You should definitely try the Snoop Dogg recipe if you're into this type of cookie. You can find the exact recipe in the book, with a search, or you can use my adapted version, Anna's Ford Taurus PB-Chocolate Chip Cookies. I pretty much follow Berner and Snoop's directions, but I add peanut butter chips. If I have peanut butter powder in the house, I'll sometimes stir in a tablespoon of that for even more peanut flavor. Snoop's cookies are very buttery, so the bit of extra peanut flavor gives them a peanut boost.
Snoop and Berner's Rolls Royce PB-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, weigh or sift before measuring (210 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature (228 grams)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter, sweetened type (130 grams)
- ½ cup light or dark brown sugar, packed (100 grams)
- ½ cup sugar (100 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or use half peanut butter chips and half chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Have ready two ungreased baking sheets.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the side of the bowl. When fully blended, stir in the flour mixture to make a dough.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, portion about 36 balls of dough and arrange on baking sheets (ungreased).
- Bake one sheet at a time for 8 to 10 minutes. If you bake two sheets at a time, bake on upper rack and one lower and switch halfway through.
- Remove from baking sheets and let cool on a rack.