Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

by on October 19, 2007 · 58 comments

I was craving homemade peanut butter cookies today and made some of these. I’m the only one who likes peanut butter around here, so I scaled the recipe down to 10 cookies and put those measurements at the bottom for others who don’t need 40 cookies. Normal Peanut butter-loving households will want to make the full batch. Just be careful because these guys are addictive. They come out of the oven puffy, soft and hot and firm up as they cool.

flourless peanut butter cookies

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 large egg
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon Mexican vanilla
1/3 cup chopped peanuts, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, beat together egg, sugar, baking soda and vanilla. I use an electric mixer for this, but you can do it with a whisk. Beat in the peanut butter and stir in the peanuts.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cookies will look puffy and soft when the come out of the oven, but they sink and firm up as they cool.

Makes about 40 cookies.

Small Batch: Use about a tablespoon of beaten egg, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 cup peanut butter, a little dash of vanilla and a tablespoon of chopped peanuts.

Published on October 19, 2007

Laurie July 27, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Hi Anna and all … I have Celiac Disease which does not allow me to have wheat, barley, rye or oats .. love the peanut butter cookies … do you or anyone else have any other cookie recipes or other recipes that do not use the above ingredients? Thank you all so much !! Hugs to everyone : )

Anna July 27, 2010 at 3:50 pm
Finn March 2, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Hi!
This is my favorite pb cookie recipe ever. I make these all the time! I usually make them with the super chunky peanut butter that I almost always have on hand, and it works out just fine. Also, I added milk chocolate chips to these cookies and they became my husband’s all-time favorite cookies of all time. Thank you!

Have you ever tried making cookies with other nut butters? Like pecan butter? Or almond butter? Pecan Butter Cookies…sounds interesting, right?

Love your site, and thanks again for the delicious recipe!

-Finn

Anna March 2, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Hi Finn,

This is a fun one. I think I tried it with almond butter once, but my favorite version is still peanut butter.

Jenny October 21, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Hi Anna! I am very excited to try this recipe! My dad really loves the peanut butter cookies from Tim Hortons and I told him I can make the same cookies as them, and the picture of your cookies look exactly like them! Thanks for the recipe!

Anna October 21, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Good luck, Jenny! Some day I’d like to try Tim Horton’s.

San October 16, 2012 at 2:56 am

Hi. I’d like to try this recipe, but I am wondering how long the baked cookies can be stored for?

Chef Adam April 16, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Hi, Anna, great recipe! I teach a cooking class for individuals with developmental disabilities, focusing on healthy meal choices; I’m always hunting for simple, easy to follow recipes that are comparatively healthy. One of our class goals is to minimize the use of refined and overly processed ingredients in our cooking, and producing palatable snack/dessert items is one of the biggest challenges. Thank you very much for this tasty addition to our repertoire!