Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe

by on December 3, 2007 · 6 comments

I have a few more recipes today and will post them just as soon as my camera batter has finished charging. For now, here’s a picture I loaded on to the computer yesterday. It’s a cobbler recipe from Betty Crocker which I made at the request of friends who’d invited us to dinner. Cobbler is one of their favorite desserts, and while blackberries aren’t really in season (though we can pretty good ones here in Southwest Texas), frozen berries work well.

blackberry cobbler

I’m linking directly to the recipe. It’s probably the easiest cobbler recipe around and very delicious. The batter doesn’t have any sugar in it, but the berry filling has a full cup. They balance each other out in the end, so you might want to make the recipe as is before monkeying around with the sugar.

The only thing I did was sprinkle about half teaspoon of cinnamon over the berries.

Published on December 3, 2007

Kathy December 3, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Hi Anna – can you check the link to the recipe – it didn’t work for me…Thanks!

Anna December 3, 2007 at 2:26 pm

Thanks Kathy,

I’ve been having problems making links today for some reason.

Damaris December 3, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Hi Anna, I just made berry cobbler a few days ago from a super easy recipe. I used frozen raspberries because that is what I had on hand, but I’m sure it would amazing with blackberries, although it used a bit of sugar!

DIANA JANES July 20, 2010 at 9:17 pm

NEED BLACKBERRY COBBLER.COUISIN IN THE MTS. OF VA.GAVE ME A RECEIRT.IT WAS SELFRAISING FLOUR SUGAR BUTTER MILK.PUT IN PAN THEN POUR BERRY MIX OVER AND BAKE. DO YOU HAVE ANY THING LIKE IT.

THANKS,DIANA

Valerie Pustorino November 2, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I’m confused. The pic shows the batter on top but the recipe says put the blackberries on top.
?

Anna November 2, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Hi Valerie,

From what I remember about this recipe (and some other cobblers), the batter kind of rises to the top as it bakes.