Pecan Crunch Cookies

by on May 31, 2009 · 9 comments

Today’s recipe is for Pecan Crunch Cookies from Recipezaar. It didn’t have a rating, but I knew it would be good because it’s a spin-off of an old Bake-Off recipe called Texan-Sized Almond Crunch Cookies. Plus, the intro said the pecan version won a prize in a contest held by the local newspaper.

Recipe is here.

Mine looked like this. They weren’t as crunchy as I hoped, but they were still good. The bake-time on the original is 8 minutes, but I had to bake mine for at least 13.

And if you are interested in making the original Almond version, I found it here.

pecan-crunch-cookies

Published on May 31, 2009

bakingblonde May 31, 2009 at 2:07 pm

YUM! I love pecans and by the looks of pictures these have huge chunks of pecans! Great recipe find

Katrina May 31, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Nutty! I love nuts! I am a nut! Like a pecan sandie kind of cookie.

janet May 31, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Hi Anna! The texan-sized almond crunch cookies are awesome. I have been making them for a long time. One lady told me those cookies were better than any she had gotten at the bakery. So I am realllly looking forward to trying your pecan version. I bet they are great! Thanks!

Elyse May 31, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Oh how I love pecans. These cookies look excellent. Somewhat like an “awesomized” version of Keebler Sandies. Delish!

Peggy M. June 1, 2009 at 12:26 am

I have to try these.. pecans are the favorite in our house. Thanks for sharing this. Yum.

Rosie June 1, 2009 at 10:56 am

Your pecan crunch cookies do look so good! I must try this recipe out :D Thanks for sharing this!

foodcreate June 1, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I love your pecan crunch cookies perfect for my daughter softball team!

Thanks for sharing your recipe:)

And if you can visit me I can visit you:)

Welcome!
foodcreate.com

LinC June 2, 2009 at 6:21 am

I made a half-batch of these cookies last night, and I was not impressed (which is surprising considering they have both pecans and brickle chips). The dough actually tasted better before it was baked. I found them bland and crumbly. They definitely needed some brown sugar for caramelization. I love the idea, but this recipe didn’t work for me.

Jessica June 2, 2009 at 10:15 am

Mmmm…looks like another great recipe to try out! Loving the pecans.