Apple Almond Cheesecake Bars

by on November 25, 2009 · 13 comments

If you like cheesecake and apple pie but can’t choose between the two, here’s a good compromise. It’s a cheesecake bar with almonds, lemon and apple – a little of everything. I found this recipe in one of Fine Cooking’s special publications “Sweet Cakes”. Their photo made it look more like an apple bar, but mine seemed more like a cheesecake bar that just happened to have some apple in it. The apples didn’t add as much flavor as I thought but the bars were still very good.  They tasted even better on day 2 and the lemon  flavor seemed more pronounced.

Fine cooking posted the Apple Almond Cheesecak Bar recipe here.

almondapplecheesecakebars

Published on November 25, 2009

Lisa Ernst November 25, 2009 at 10:35 am

This is an interesting departure and looks very good. I wonder if blueberries could be substituted? That would probably change the texture quite a bit, with the added juiciness from the berries. I do love the combo of lemon, blueberry and cream cheese.Still, I think I would enjoy these “as is.”

Louise November 25, 2009 at 10:43 am

I hope this isn’t taking away from your Turkey Day preparations. :-)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 25, 2009 at 10:45 am

Look incredible! I bet it tastes even better.

Dolce November 25, 2009 at 11:59 am

This is something that could totally be served on Thanksgiving day – so people can nibble during the afternoon. I am still sticking to tarte Bourdaloue, though :)

Sue November 25, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Gosh! I think yours look a lot like Fine Cooking’s do, but whether they’re apple cheesecake, or cheesecake apple, they look very good.
I’m in the midst of Thanksgiving Day preparations and have already made a major baking error. I made cornbread for cornbread stuffing and forgot to add the melted butter. I was upset but when it came out of the oven it seemed fine. Then I read the recipe and when the stuffing is mixed it calls for another 8 oz. of butter. I decided we wouldn’t miss the butter in the cornbread after all.
Back to baking.

Katrina November 25, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Mmm!
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I’m making your cherry/berry pie!

Maren Madsen November 25, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Oh – I wish I had seen this post sooner. I would have made this as one of our Thanksgiving desserts instead of pie! Oh well – next year.

Gloria November 25, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I just took another one of your Browned Butter Pecan Pies out of the oven. It looks and smells fabulous! It is less jiggly than the last one I made last week-my oven isn’t the greatest so I needed to keep it in longer…BTW, these bars look delicious too! Have a happy TG everyone!

National Cookie Network November 26, 2009 at 1:09 am

To the first comment: If you use frozen blueberries, they won’t release as much juice initially. It makes them much easier to bake with.

Dee November 26, 2009 at 9:52 am

I baked this as an extra Thanksgiving treat. I didn’t have any lemon juice so I used orange extract. It is delicious. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Scorpio Woman November 26, 2009 at 1:11 pm

yummy! I already made a recipe that looked like this one and it was so good.

Hendria November 27, 2009 at 5:50 pm

These sound really good….. :) Nice photo….

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets November 28, 2009 at 11:54 am

I made these last year after reading about them on another blog. FANTASTIC! Thanks for reminding me of these delicious treats.