Comments

Interesting. What advantage do you get from using the hard boiled eggs. I used them in a scone recipe once but really had no idea what htey added.

Yay, our cookies! While I truly love chocolate chip cookies, for some reason I love the oatmeal ones with the hard boiled eggs best! I’m sure I’ll make some after this weekend.

Oh, and I’m having a giveaway on my blog–today until next Wed.
    And now, coming back here for a sec, I want to go make HBE Oatmeal cookies!

4. Shannon says

I made the chocolate chip ones last year (from leftover dyed hard-boiled eggs!) and they were awesome and had a really nice texture. Mine came out thick, and soft and moist in the center, but not overly moist. I think “sturdy” is probably the best way to describe them. I haven’t tried the other versions, but maybe I will this year with the leftover eggs again.

5. d says

I forgot how awesome these cookies are! I can vouche for the first two anyway. I’m going to make them again. Thanks for reminding me about these. I’m always trying some new recipe and forget some of these great recipes.

Lol I know these cookies! What a coincidence I made a batch od boiled egg yolk cookies today, they’re called ora pro nobis. Do you know about them?

7. katherine says

I tried the HBE chocolate chip cookies. I made a few batches. The texture did improve after freezing the cookies, OR refrigerating the cookie dough. Thanks for recipe… better than the egg salad I was going to make!

I want to jump up and down from the frugal, practical, and yummy use of my excess of hard boiled eggs. The cookies were wonderful even before freezing. These will be recipes passed on to my children someday. Thank you so much for sharing.

I finally made the chocolate chip cookie last night and they were SO good. I added some toffee bits to them and they turned out great! These are such unique cookies and I can’t wait to share them with my friends and co-workers. They will never believe they were made with hard boiled eggs!

That sounds kind of yuck if you ask me.. but the pictures looks delicious so I might have to give it a try. I am down for new things! I love chocolate chip cookies..
    -Sylvia