Cookies Made with Hard Boiled Eggs

by on April 1, 2010 · 14 comments

If you happen to have some hard boiled eggs on hand this week, why not bake them into cookies?

The Chocolate Chip Hard Boiled Egg Cookie

Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookie

The Hard Boiled Egg Oatmeal Cookie

Hard Boiled Egg Oatmeal Cookie

And finally, the Chocolate Hard Boiled Egg cookie.

Published on April 1, 2010

Kelly April 1, 2010 at 10:26 am

Interesting. What advantage do you get from using the hard boiled eggs. I used them in a scone recipe once but really had no idea what htey added.

CindyD April 1, 2010 at 10:36 am

I’m trying to decide if today’s date is significant to this post…

Katrina April 1, 2010 at 10:39 am

Yay, our cookies! While I truly love chocolate chip cookies, for some reason I love the oatmeal ones with the hard boiled eggs best! I’m sure I’ll make some after this weekend.

Katrina April 1, 2010 at 10:41 am

Oh, and I’m having a giveaway on my blog–today until next Wed.
And now, coming back here for a sec, I want to go make HBE Oatmeal cookies!

Dolce April 1, 2010 at 11:14 am

They look nice ! How is the texture on those ?

tia @ buttercreambarbie April 1, 2010 at 11:18 am

that’s awesome! how do they taste? I’m a little wary but I’ll probably still try them so the HB eggs don’t get wasted after we dye them. lol

Shannon April 1, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I made the chocolate chip ones last year (from leftover dyed hard-boiled eggs!) and they were awesome and had a really nice texture. Mine came out thick, and soft and moist in the center, but not overly moist. I think “sturdy” is probably the best way to describe them. I haven’t tried the other versions, but maybe I will this year with the leftover eggs again.

d April 1, 2010 at 6:59 pm

I forgot how awesome these cookies are! I can vouche for the first two anyway. I’m going to make them again. Thanks for reminding me about these. I’m always trying some new recipe and forget some of these great recipes.

Sara {CaffeIna} April 1, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I love recipes that (re)use ingredients in an innovative way. They are already in my “to-do-soon” list.

clumbsycookie April 2, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Lol I know these cookies! What a coincidence I made a batch od boiled egg yolk cookies today, they’re called ora pro nobis. Do you know about them?

katherine April 7, 2010 at 8:22 am

I tried the HBE chocolate chip cookies. I made a few batches. The texture did improve after freezing the cookies, OR refrigerating the cookie dough. Thanks for recipe… better than the egg salad I was going to make!

Cece April 15, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I want to jump up and down from the frugal, practical, and yummy use of my excess of hard boiled eggs. The cookies were wonderful even before freezing. These will be recipes passed on to my children someday. Thank you so much for sharing.

Steph April 20, 2010 at 8:45 am

I finally made the chocolate chip cookie last night and they were SO good. I added some toffee bits to them and they turned out great! These are such unique cookies and I can’t wait to share them with my friends and co-workers. They will never believe they were made with hard boiled eggs!

Solar Arizona April 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm

That sounds kind of yuck if you ask me.. but the pictures looks delicious so I might have to give it a try. I am down for new things! I love chocolate chip cookies..
-Sylvia