Cocoa Beef Stir-Fry

by on December 9, 2010 · 7 comments

Well, today is my last day visiting The Hershey Company.  I’ll be glad to get home to Todd & Fuzz,  but I’m going to miss all this chocolate bliss and hope to come back with the family in the near future.  Can I tell you how excited I was when I found out I was going to Hershey?  I went crazy using Hershey’s products and even incorporated them into dinner.

Here’s one particularly good beef dish I made with Hershey’s cocoa.  It was savory and colorful and all-around great, but I will admit to making one change.  I  stirred in about 2 teaspoons of sugar. If you make it, wait until the end, taste it, then make your decision. I think the sugar lifted the flavors, but they didn’t put it in the original recipe.

Cocoa Beef

Recipe is here — Hershey’s Cocoa Spiced Beef Stir-Fry

Published on December 9, 2010

Jess @ Bakericious December 9, 2010 at 7:37 pm

stir fry beef with cocoa, 1st time hearing that but sound intersting!

Cheryl December 9, 2010 at 7:53 pm

sounds very interesting! was it very sweet, or was it a good balance? can you compare the taste to anything?

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy December 9, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I love chocolate in savory dishes! Like a mole sauce or something. Nice!

Caroline December 9, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Sounds like an interesting combination! I haven’t tried cocoa with anything other than a mole sauce, but it sounds like it’s worth a try!

Barbara December 10, 2010 at 7:33 am

I remember driving near the factory years ago…you could smell chocolate for miles!
Very interesting recipe…never would have thought to use cocoa with beef!

Louise December 10, 2010 at 10:28 am

The trace of sugar makes sense to me. Hershey’s Chicken Mole Rub recipe includes a little. I make Douglas Rodriguez’s Mole Rub and use it on grilled turkey and pork and I think the sugar rounds out the other spices.

Double Dip February 10, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I will have to try this. Chicken and chocolate…. what more could I ask for. Looks like a great holiday dish, too!