I wanted to use up some impulsively purchased Froot Loops and made these. They were better than expected — soft, colorful, and they had a nice orange flavor as well. If you’re trying to be thrifty by using leftover cereal, Froot Loops Cookies are worth a try.
Here’s a link to the original version from Kellogg’s. The version below includes weights.
Froot Loops Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 260 grams (stir the flour and aerate before measuring or weigh)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine I used ½ butter, ½ shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups KELLOGG'S® FROOT LOOPS® cereal
- crushed to fine crumbs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine - softened I used butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large electric mixer bowl, beat the 1 cup margarine(or use a combo of butter and shortening) and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and 1/2 cup orange juice. Beat well. Add flour mixture. Mix until well combined. Stir in cereal. Drop by level tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks.
- When completely cooled, frost with Orange Icing. Decorate with additional cereal, whole or crushed.
- Orange Icing: Measure confectioners' sugar, margarine and orange juice in small mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.