The recipe for this pecan pie came from a friend who preferred pecan pie made with no corn syrup. The texture is not quite as loose as a corn syrup pecan pie, but I wouldn’t call it dry, either. It’s a bit sweeter, but not overly sweet or cloying.
Easiest Ever Pecan Pie -- No Corn Syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter I used salted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 unbaked store-bought pie crust I used a deep dish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Toast pecans using whatever method you prefer. I like to roast them at 350 for about 8 minutes, then chop them.
- Melt butter in saucepan and let cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together both sugars and flour. Whisk in eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla, followed by melted butter and toasted pecans. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Set on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool completely.