I still have not tried this recipe for Coconut Cream Muffins, but when I do I’ll post a photo. They sound so good!
Coconut Cream Muffins
Coconut Cream Muffins made with heavy cream, butter and chocolate chips. These sound delicious.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt).
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Starting and ending with flour mixture, add flour mixture and cream alternately. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips (if using).
- Fill muffin tins about ¾ full and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
- (I’m not sure where this recipe came from, so if you recognize it, let me know. I found it on a Yahoo group)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Well I do have this recipe. My boss has a collection of cookbooks ( country style binder type and there are a ton of them. I could find out the name of them if you like) but I am experiementing with the recipe to add soda flavors, chocolate, cream or whipping cream instead of just milk and I cannot remember what else I have played with.
Anyway I wanted to double check the ingredients in it and your website came up !!!!
Talk to you later
Hay, Fuzz. Tell Shmu I say hello. Have a fun day.