Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake is a slightly more appealing title than Crockpot Cherry Dump Cake, but I grew up calling the slow cooker a crock pot, so Crockpot Cherry Dump Cake it is. And along with two names, the dessert has a dual purpose. It’s an easy dessert and it makes the house smell great!
The other nice thing about this recipe is it can be made with different flavors of pie filling. Blueberry is highly recommended, though cherry is a favorite around here and that’s what I’ve been using. Pecans are optional.
Crockpot Dump Cake....(!)
- 1 21 oz can cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter cut up
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans or walnuts toasted if you have time
- Rub the slow cooker generously with some of the butter. Place pie filling in the slow cooker. Mix dry cake mix and remaining butter until crumbly, sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours. Serve warm in bowls.
If you don't have a crockpot and want to make a small version, use the half version and bake it in a 9 inch deep dish glass pie plate or an 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cake mix is golden brown. And of course, you can also make the full version in a 13x9 inch cake pan. It's dump cake! Easiest recipe ever.