If you are on the hunt for a frosted pumpkin cookie recipe, Sue’s Pumpkin Cookies are not only frosted, but loaded with spice flavor. For extra fun, sprinkle the frosted cookies with walnuts and/or candy corn. Also, if you stumbled upon this post I apologize that there is no photo. I’ll post another one soon.
Sue's Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup salted or unsalted butter 114 grams
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar 300 grams
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Candy corn and walnut pieces (optional)
- 1/3 c. soft butter salted or unsalted is fine
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 2 T. cream
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes. When cool, frost with Buttercream Frosting. Decorate frosted cookies with walnut pieces and candy corn if desired.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and cream; beat until smooth.