I was too caught up in banana brownies to try this recipe, but LA Times says it was one of the most emailed news items last week. This is the full batch recipe if you wish to make them in a 13×9 inch glass pan. I also have a recipe for Small Batch Boudin Bakery Brownies which are baked in an 8 inch pan.
Boudin Bakery Brownies
- 2 sticks 8 oz butter, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar 21 ounces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups 6.38 ounces flour
- 2 1/2 cups toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the melted chocolate and the salt. Add flour by hand and stir with a heavy duty scraper just until combined. Stir in the nuts
- Scrape the batter into the dish and bake in the center of the oven until puffed and almost set, about 45 minutes. A toothpick inserted will be slightly moist.
- Remove and cool slightly before serving.