Chocolate Butterfinger Pie is an easy pie with layers of chocolate and Butterfinger flavored cream. It's one of my weirder recipes, as it is made with tofu, and at one point I took it off the blog thinking no one would want to make it. But someone did! So by request, I've put it back here for anyone looking to use tofu and Cool Whip.
Chocolate Butterfinger Pie
- 12-15 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 12.6 oz package silken tofu (make sure you use the kind that says Silken)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch flavored instant pudding OR I think 1 tab. peanut butter would work
- 2 Butterfinger Candy Bars crushed
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed (or you can whip 1 cup of cream, of course)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Place Oreos in food processor and process into crumbs. Add melted butter. Empty Oreo/butter mixture into pie plate and press into bottom. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Clean food processor bowl and process tofu until it is very smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or over stove. Add melted chocolate to tofu and process until smooth. Spoon into baked pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla and pudding mix (or peanut butter) until creamy and smooth. Fold in crushed Butterfingers. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spoon over center of pie, leaving a border of about ½ inch.
- Place remaining whipped topping in a zipper bag, cut off bottom corner, pipe remaining Cool Whip around edges. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Makes 10 servings