Yesterday I had a request for Chocolate Butterfinger Pie, a recipe I created a years ago for my dad. I kept it on Cookie Madness for a while, then deleted thinking nobody would really want a pie made with Butterfingers and Tofu. Well, back by popular demand (and by “demand” I mean one email), is my famous Butterfinger Pie made with Tofu. It’s a twist on the old vegan tofu chocolate pie (which is actually very good) but with a Butterfinger flavored topping. Since someone loved the recipe enough to request it, I figured it was worth keeping. Plus, you may need it after Halloween if you are lucky enough to have a surplus of Butterfinger bars.
Chocolate Butterfinger Pie
- 12-15 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 12.6 oz package silken tofu (make sure you use the kind that says Silken)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch flavored instant pudding OR I think 1 tab. peanut butter would work
- 2 Butterfinger Candy Bars crushed
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed (or you can whip 1 cup of cream, of course)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Place Oreos in food processor and process into crumbs. Add melted butter. Empty Oreo/butter mixture into pie plate and press into bottom. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Clean food processor bowl and process tofu until it is very smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or over stove. Add melted chocolate to tofu and process until smooth. Spoon into baked pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and pudding mix (or peanut butter) until creamy and smooth. Fold in crushed Butterfingers. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spoon over center of pie, leaving a border of about 1/2 inch.
- Place remaining whipped topping in a zipper bag, cut off bottom corner, pipe remaining Cool Whip around edges. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Makes 10 servings