Pumpkin Spice Blondie Cookie Bars are from a recipe straight off the back of a bag of Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice Flavored Morsels.
For those of you who do not have access to pumpkin flavored baking morsels, don’t worry because you can make the bars with any type of baking chips or chunks. But for those of you who delight in trying interesting seasonal flavored baking chips, the pumpkin spice flavored morsels can usually be found during the fall at Target.
I’m okay with pumpkin spice, but what I love about this recipe is the bar cookie base! It’s neither too dry nor too sweet. Also, the recipe is baked in a 15×10 inch pan so you get a slightly larger yield and thinner, cookie-like bars.
The Pumpkin Spice Blondie review on Very Best Baking are a mixed bag, with a few people citing what seems to be an excess of baking powder. I used the full 2 1/2 teaspoons of Rumford brand, which to me tastes less salty and metallic than some others. I’ll definitely make these again, but probably with white chips and macadamia nuts.
Nestle Toll House Pumpkin Spice Blondie Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups 10-oz. pkg. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Spice Morsels, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 15″ x 10″ jelly roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl and stir well.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time, beating on lowest speed or stirring by hand. Stir in 1-1/3 cups morsels. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup morsels.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.