Yesterday’s Key lime pie flavored cheesecakes were good, but as I ate one I realized that what I really wanted was actual Key lime pie and not cheesecake. After all, why make Key lime pie flavored cheesecake when it’s just as easy to make Miniature Key Lime Pies? So here’s a new recipe, scaled down and made kind of the same way the cheesecakes were made.
This photo is more illustrative of the whipped topping rather than the actual pie, but you get the idea.
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Stemmed cherries or lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Mix together crumbs, sugar and butter. Divide evenly among cupcake liners and press to make 12 little crusts.
- Prepare Filling: Mix the condensed milk and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the lime juice, vanilla and zest. Divide the batter evenly among the mini pie crusts and bake for 7 minutes – they probably won’t look done, as they do not brown. Let cool at room temperature, then chill thoroughly.
- Top with whipped cream and a stemmed cherry or slice of lime.