If you love the classic flavors of cinnamon rolls but are more adept at making cake, Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake might be the perfect compromise.
Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake Loaf Pan
The original recipe is from Grandbaby Cakes ,where Jocelyn took a Bundt pan sized pound cake, swirled brown sugar and cinnamon through it and topped it with cream cheese frosting. Because we didn't need a full 10 Bundt pan's worth of cake, I cut the recipe in half and used an 8x4 inch 1 pound size loaf pan. It baked up beautifully!
Below is my loaf pan size version of the cake. For the full size version check the book or just do a Google search, as it's quite a popular recipe.
Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (120 grams)
- ¾ cup plus 4 teaspoons sugar (160 grams)
- 2 large eggs room temperature (100 grams)
- 1 cup sifted cake flour (98 grams)
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup sour cream, room temperature (80 grams)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease an 8x4 inch metal loaf pan. Line with a strip of parchment, then grease again and dust with more flour
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. add the granulated sugar and beat until fluffy, scraping bowl once or twice. Add the eggs 1 at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping the bowl.
- With mixer on lowest speed or by hand, add the flour in 2 parts, stirring until blended. Add the salt and baking soda, stirring well. Add the sour cream, oil, and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix the batter until just combined. Set the batter aside.
- CINNAMON SWIRL: In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, flour and vanilla.
- TO BAKE: Pour ⅓ of the batter into the prepared pan, then drizzle ½ of the cinnamon swirl mixture over it.
- Using a butter knife or skewer, swirl the mixture through the cake batter.
- Repeat with the rest of the cake batter and cinnamon swirl. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean. A meat thermometer inserted in the center should register about 210 F.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Let cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Stir in the sugar and beat until well blended, then beat in the vanilla. Drizzle the icing over the cake or if you prefer, put it in a heavy duty freezer bag, push it all down toward the bottom corner, snip off the bottom corner and squeeze it over. You'll have moe than enough.