Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies -- Great for Cookie Trays!
As a follow-up to the Toffee Crunch Cookies from Sue, here's another cookie recipe that calls for chopped Heath Bars. Unlike Sue's Toffee Crunch Cookies which get a little crunch from the candy and nuts, Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies are sandy textured and crumbly
Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies Recipe
Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies
- 1 cup slivered almonds lightly toasted and chopped
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 280 grams**
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick 114 grams unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar 60 grams
- ½ cup canola oil or your favorite vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1 cup 4 oz of chopped Heath bars (you can use a little more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake just until they barely start to turn brown. Let cool, then chop.
- Meanwhile, mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in the oil until blended, then beat in the egg and extract(s). By hand or using lowest speed of mixer, stir in the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, then stir in the chopped almonds and toffee bits.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.