Citrus Baked Snapper

4 Snapper filets
1/2 Tbsp. dry thyme
1/2 tsp. pepper
1⁄4 cup olive oil (preferably Greek Kalamata) — see note
1 tsp. each lime, lemon and orange juice
1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Combine all ingredients except snapper in a bowl. Mix well. Place snapper filets on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush olive oil mixture over each filet. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.

Makes 4 servings

Note: Original recipe used double the oil and seasonings, but there was leftover oil mixture so we halved it.

Published on April 6, 2008

Janis April 6, 2008 at 1:22 pm

You must be so proud of your little chef! That looks delicious. It sounds like a lot of oil though. Do you really need to use all of it?

Kalyn April 6, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Sounds delicious to me. Go Fuzz!

Anna April 6, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Janis, thanks for pointing that out. We made the recipe as H.E.B. had written it (I just added a link) and it did call for too much oil mixture. I went ahead and halved it based on your comment. Maybe they adapted it from a recipe that used more than 4 filets.

Kalyn, I think Fuzz has a more varied diet than I do!

Incidentally, snapper is kind of expensive. They also had Tilapia which was half the price, but I splurged on the snapper and noticed it wasn’t too fishy.

Kim April 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Did Fuzz like her creation? I find that when kids make their own food, they are more apt to eat it.

The snapper looks great! I might try that oil mixture on some salmon fillets I have in the freezer.

Thanks again for another great recipe!

Emiline April 6, 2008 at 3:00 pm

That sounds delicious!

RecipeGirl April 6, 2008 at 4:04 pm

That’s great! I think my little one would enjoy this too. Thankfully he’s a fish eater :)

Carla April 6, 2008 at 4:44 pm

Mmm, I love fish! Her snapper looks and sounds yummy. I have tilapia, so I may use this recipe with it instead.

Judy April 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Anna, Fuzz looks pretty serious in that photo. Looks like she is following in your footsteps. But I’m with you on the fish — I only eat it because we’re supposed to.

Anna April 6, 2008 at 7:40 pm

Kim, I gave her that whole filet in the picture. It was actually bigger than it looks. She ate at least half of it, so I guess she liked it! She says she did. I think I might buy her some salmon one of these days.

Emiline, I’m glad you think it sounds good. Like you, I’m trying to branch out and post things other than sweets….but it’s hard.

Recipegirl, this one’s pretty basic but it is kid-friendly. It’s probably on the same level as your swordfish with rosemary recipe. That one seems very kid friendly too (despite the wine!).

Carla, tilapia should be fine. I’m guessing your kids are used to fish since you like it too.

Judy, I’m surprised! You seem like someone who would like fish. I don’t know why I perceive you that way, maybe because you are adventurous and like trying new things. But I am too and I just don’t like it. There must be some biological component or sensory component that makes certain people dislike it so…..kind of like certain people have a real aversion to cilantro.

Judy April 7, 2008 at 1:24 pm

Anna – everyone thinks I am a totally healthful eater. In fact, I would eat cookies all day if I didn’t have borderline diabetes. I am a total carboholic and hate healthful foods. Cilantro is also on my list of hate foods. Why do you think I come to your blog? I drool over all the sweets.

Lara April 7, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Wow – I am impressed! Go Fuzz!!! :) (Also – I might try making this at home!)

Louise August 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

This showed up as a “Related Post” on the cookie papers. I think you should use this recipe again and put the fish on the grill. You could put an iron skillet on the grill, or put the fillets right on the grill for probably 3 or 4 minutes each side. :-)