Update: I posted this recipe a while back with a goofy photo featuring a cute snowman Christmas ornament. Here’s a more recent photo of Outrageous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies.
Outrageous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are just as good now as they were back when I discovered them on Allrecipes.com. The cookies have crispy edges, chewy centers, and bumpy texture courtesy of oats, peanut chunks (if you add nuts or use extra crunchy peanut butter) and chips.
Outrageous Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar 70 grams
- 4 oz 1 stick unsalted butter (114 grams)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter mainstream sugar added type**
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 4.5 oz/125 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt use ¼ if using salted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream both sugars and butter. Beat in peanut butter, vanilla and egg.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to batter and stir until incorporated. Stir in oats and chips.
- Drop by tablespoons on to lightly greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.