Spread the love
Yet another variation on White Chocolate Chunk cookies, White Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies call for dried cherries, almonds and chunks of white chocolate.
White Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies
White Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies are white chocolate chunk cookies with chunks for dried cherry.
- 2 1/2 cups 315 grams all purpose flour, measured by spooning and sweeping
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt see butter note
- 8 oz 230 grams butter, room temperature (if using unsalted, butter, increase the salt to a generous 1/2 teaspoon)
- 3/4 cup 150 grams granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup 150 grams light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon each – almond extract & vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups whole almonds toasted and chopped by hand
- 6 ounces 170 grams white baking chocolate, cut into chunks
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add eggs and extracts; beat on low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Using lowest speed of mixer or by hand, stir in flour mixture. When flour is incorporated, stir in cherries, almonds and white chocolate. Chill dough for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Place on center rack of preheated 350F oven, and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.