Hazelnut Brownie Cookies are just Brownie Cookies made with hazelnut flavored chocolate bars.
Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Cookies
Double chocolate cookies made with hazelnut chocolate bars.
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour (130 grams)
- 1/4 cup good quality natural unsweetened cocoa powder Not Dutch! Cookies won’t rise
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons slightly cold unsalted butter cut up
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract maybe try adding a dash of hazelnut extract too?
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz premium dark chocolate with hazelnuts chopped into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon white sparkling sugar for garnishing
- Mix flour, natural unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, using high speed of an electric mixer, beat butter for 30 seconds or until slightly softened. Add both sugars and beat until creamy; beat in honey and vanilla extract. Add egg and beat just until mixed. Using a mixing spoon, stir in the flour mixture, being careful not to over-beat . Stir in chopped hazelnut flavored chocolate bars. Cover dough and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Have ready two shiny, ungreased cookie sheets or sheets lined with foil.
- Form chilled dough into balls about 1 1/4 inch. Dip tops in a tiny bit of sparkly sugar if desired. Place dough balls approximately 2 ½ inches apart on cookie sheets and bake one sheet at a time on center rack of oven for 10 minutes or until cookies appear puffed and set – do not over bake. Let cookies cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!