If you like the banana chocolate combo, here’s another muffin recipe for you. I made half a batch of these Chocolate Banana Muffins this afternoon and Fuzz’s friends gave them a thumbs up. You can make 6 (as written) or halve the recipe and make 3. If you want to make regular size muffins, use regular muffin tins and check at 18 minutes. Also, I think white whole wheat flour would work very well here.
Jumbo Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Jumbo Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour 220 grams
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 small ish bananas (3.5 to 4 oz each)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 6 jumbo muffin cups with paper liners
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. When thoroughly mixed, add the brown sugar and stir well, breaking up any lumps in the sugar.
- In a second bowl, mash the bananas, Stir in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir a few strokes, then pour the melted butter in over the egg mixture. Stir until ingredients are well mixed, being careful not to over-beat. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter equally among muffin cups and bake for 23-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 6