Fuzz is enjoying the long, leisurely mornings of holiday break. Instead of rushing through a boiled egg before having to brush her teeth and pick and outfit, she gets to lounge around in her pajamas playing Webkinz and eating muffins.
Yesterday I made her a batch of these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, but they didn’t go over well. She took one bite and apologized for *still* not liking banana bread. What is it with Ginsbergs and bananas? Who doesn’t like bananas? So I saved a muffin for myself and gave the rest to a friend.
Update: I’m happy to say that Fuzz is now a teenager who loves banana muffins, and we both agree that this is a good recipe. One change we’ve made is to add vanilla.
Jumbo Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 stick 114 grams salted butter, softened**
- 1 cup 200 grams granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 9 oz
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- About a cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Line 8 jumbo muffin tins with liners.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add the eggs and beat for another minute. Stir in the bananas, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and soda; gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin tins.
- Set muffins on center rack of oven and close door.
- Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- REDUCE oven heat to 375 degrees F. and bake muffins at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Makes 8 Jumbo Muffins
- *********If using unsalted butter, add 3/8 tsp. salt