This is an old Neapolitan Bundt Cake recipe calling for both strawberry and chocolate Nesquick powders. I believe this is an old Bake-Off recipe, but am still researching to find out whether that is true. It may have originated with Nestle since it uses two flavors of their instant drink mix.
This is not a cake that I have tested multiple times, and since posting the size of cake mix has been reduced, therefore this recipe probably needs some adjustments. Or it might be fine as is. The recipe did not call for any oil, just a box of cake mix, cream cheese, eggs, milk and the two flavors of Nesquik. I'm not sure when I'll get around to testing it, as I am now old with a grown-up child and don't have many uses for chocolate and strawberry milk mix. Just kidding. I'll totally test it again! I remember it being good, but adding some oil to the batter probably wouldn't hurt.
Neapolitan Bundt Cake
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 1 box white cake mix (see note)
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup double chocolate-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- ¾ cup strawberry-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese and eggs in large mixing bowl until smooth. On low speed or by hand, stir cake mix and milk into batter alternately. When mixed, beat on high speed for two minutes scraping sides of bowl.
- Remove 2 cups batter and place in separate bowl; stir in chocolate Nesquik.
- Remove 2 cups white cake batter and place in separate bowl; stir in strawberry Nesquik.
- Spoon strawberry batter into prepared pan; tap pan on counter lightly. Spoon white batter over strawberry batter covering it completely, and then spoon chocolate batter over white batter.
- Bake on center oven rack for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 45 minutes. Loosen edges with butter knife if needed; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.