Update: Chocolate Marshmallow Hazelnut Spread Brownies are from a recipe made with brownie mix, marshmallow cream and hazelnut spread. The recipe is originally from Jif Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. I haven’t seen the Jif brand of chocolate hazelnut spread lately and am not sure they are making it, but you can always improvise and use another brand.
Chocolate Marshmallow Hazelnut Spread Brownie
Brownies topped with marshmallow creme and Jif chocolate hazelnut spread.
- 1 box brownie mix for a 9×13 inch pan or 1 batch homemade
- 1 teaspoon of fine instant coffee or instant espresso
- 1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar Marshmallow Crème or 1 ½ cups Marshmallow Fluff
- Some Jif Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha Flavored Spread
- Prepare one 9×13 inch pan of brownies as directed on the package using oil and eggs as needed, but add 1 teaspoon of fine instant coffee (the kind that comes in little packets) or 1 teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the batter as well as 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Bake as directed. Alternatively, you can make an 8 inch pan and use half of all the ingredients.
- Let the brownies cool until they are just a tad bit warm, then spread 1 jar of Marshmallow Crème across the top, by dropping it on in small gobs and spreading the gobs until they come together. The small bit of heat from the brownies should melt the marshmallow a little bit.
- Spoon lines of Jif Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha Flavored Spread horizontally or vertically (doesn’t matter) over brownies. Drag a skewer through the lines, first toward you, then away from you, alternating directions to make the whale-tail/leaf pattern.
- Put the brownies in the refrigerator (or cheat and use the freezer) for about 30 minutes or until the top is set just until so that when you cut it, the brownies aren’t gooey.
- Cut into any size squares or bars and keep chilled until ready to serve. The topping should stay in place fairly well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I think this looks great I saw it on the back of the pillsberry box but because I was short on cash I ended up getting bettycrocker and I am hoping it turns out ok. It comes with frosting so i will just use that. We will see it is baking as we speak..Say a prayer it is my turn for desert at work and these girls are sensitive on their deserts. We will see soon. Thanks guys.
These look great! Got plans to try them soon!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
Oh my goodness these are delightful!
The topping is pretty! I’d go with the none mocha version though.
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy
oh my gosh that looks so delicious! you had me at nutella:)
lynn @ the actor's diet
yum! i love quick recipes like this.
My father (and husband and sons) would just love this! I haven’t tried the Jif Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha Flavored Spread, but I may spoon some into a small plastic sandwich bag, cut off a corner, and use that to pipe the lines.