I always called this Layered Chocolate Dessert, but at some point I learned the other name, Chocolate Lasagna, which is a lot more fun! So here’s the recipe for Chocolate Lasagna made in a 8 inch square pan.
The original Chocolate Layered Dessert (Chocolate Lasagna) is made in a 9×13 inch casserole dish and is double this. The 8 inch pan makes more sense for our family, so this is the recipe I always use. It serves about 6, which means there’s plenty left for freezing. To cut it in perfect squares, freeze, cut while frozen, plate and let thaw in the refrigerator.
Layered Chocolate Dessert
- 20 Oreos ground in food processor
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup sweetened whipped cream or topping
- 1 package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream or topping
- Broken Oreos and chocolate syrup for garnish
- Grease an 8 inch square glass dish.
- Mix together the ground cookies and butter and press into bottom of the dish. Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in milk and vanilla, then fold in the 2/3 cup sweetened whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cookie crust.
- Clean out the mixing bowl and add the pudding mix and milk. Beat or stir until thickened, then pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Chill for about an hour, then pipe or spread remaining whipped cream over the top.