I posted this recipe for One Pot Cookies years ago when I made some saucepan chocolate chip cookies using an Abby Dodge recipe and a product called Caramel Delightfulls. I think Caramel Delightfulls were discontinued, but these cookies are just as good without them.
One Pot Cookies
In my old version I put M&Ms and chocolate chips in the cookies, then topped them with Caramel Delightfulls and melted chocolate. These days I’d probably just make them with the chocolate chips and maybe a few M&Ms.
One Pot M&Ms Cookies
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (114 grams)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100 grams)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (65 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (190 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms and
- 1 large dark chocolate bar any brand
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and add the sugar. Whisk until smooth and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Whisk the egg and vanilla into the slightly cooled butter mixture, then add the flour mixture. Stir with a rubber scraper until mixed, then (after making sure the mixture is not so warm it will melt the chips) stir in chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time on center rack for about 12 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate bar in the microwave using 50% power and stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle over the cookies, then chill the cookies just until the chocolate has set.